Meth Lab Explosion Causes Danville Fire

Authorities say it was a meth lab explosion that caused a fire that heavily damaged a double home and injured one person in the 300 block of Chamber Street in Danville on Tuesday morning. Police have charged 33-year-old Richard McHugh with operating a meth lab, risking a catastrophe, reckless endangering, manufacture of methamphetamine with child present, and endangering the welfare of a child. He is in the county lock-up on $250,000 bail. McHugh lived in the home at 321 Chamber Street with his girlfriend, Nikki Doebler, and her son. Michael Mowrer, Jr. who doesn’t live there was helping to cook the meth and was burned. He was flown to Lehigh Valley Hospital. The Montour County DA say Mowrer will likely face charges as well. The fire also damaged 325 Chamber St. where a grandmother, a grandfather and a granddaughter lived.