Albright Center / Sunbury

Many people in Sunbury recognize the building at the corner of 5th and Chestnut Streets as the former Albright Church. It was built in 1927 but closed seven years ago when the church merged with another congregation. It did not stay closed for long. Now the building is known as the Albright Center. It will serve as a community center thanks to the efforts of state senator John Gordner of Berwick and State Representative Linda Schlegal Culver. The pair presenting a check for $200,000. The state grant money will be used for the center's second floor, which will be a performing arts center.