COLUMBIA BROADCASTING COMPANY WHLM PARADE OF LIGHTS—GENERAL RULES
Who Can Enter
1. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
2. Employees of Radio Station WHLM, Columbia Broadcasting, as well as other area radio stations, are ineligible to enter and to win.
1. Unless specified otherwise, no purchase is necessary to enter. For those contests held where an admission is charged, an alternative means of entry will be provided. Qualified entrants may enter as often as they wish unless specified otherwise.
2. Contestants may only win one prize with a value over $15 per household every 30 days unless specified otherwise. For contest that run beyond 30 days, contestants may only win one prize per contest. Contests with major prizes may have different restrictions.
3. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined by Station Management to be fraudulent will be void and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest. All entries become the property of Columbia Broadcasting Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. Station Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters of eligibility and their decisions shall be final. Entry into station contests constitutes agreement by contestant to abide by these rules, as well as any other specific contest rules established by station.
5. We reserve the right at the time of event to disqualify an applicant. All decisions final. Santa Claus entrants are unacceptable. Entry is required to meet community standards. This is a family event, and all entries must be “G” rated. The parade is not a political platform for controversial issues. Organizations with political agendas will be rejected. Entrants are responsible for any required ASCAP, BMI, SESAC music licensing fees.
1. All prizes must be picked up at the stations studios at 124 East Main Street, Bloomsburg, PA 17815
2. Prizes will be released to winners only. Winner must present a valid state photo ID at the time they pick up the prize and sign a release relieving station and Columbia Broadcasting from liability with respect to the prize. Prizes will not be mailed.
3. Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitution, transfer or assignment or prizes in allowed.
4. Prizes not claimed within 30 days of being awarded, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, with its period of usability shall be considered forfeited and disposed of at the desecration of Station Management.
5. Winners are responsible for paying all local, county state and federal taxes on prizes based on estimated retail value as set forth in these rules and/or the contest specific rules issued by station.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct and/or eligible entries received and depend on the particular type of contest.
2. Complete contest rules are available at the station 124 East Main Street, Bloomsburg during normal business hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.
3. Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited. Station and Columbia Broadcasting Company, and other sponsoring company, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. WHLM, Columbia Broadcasting Company reserves the right to change, altar or modify these rules at any time with or without written notice. These rules are general and individual contest rules may vary. In the case that any individual contest rule differs from the rules set forth herein, the individual rules will govern.
Tie Breakers/Final Decisions
1. In case of a tie there will be a random drawing done by the judges.
2. All decisions are final.
I, the undersigned, as group representative, hereby release, remise and forever discharge Columbia Broadcasting Co., its officers and directors, the Parade of Lights Committee and all volunteers of and from any and all liability, claims, actions and possible causes of action which may accrue to any member of the group from every and any loss, damage and injury (including death) that may be sustained while participating in the parade. Application will be void if not